Find your phone with your Google Assistant
Never lose your phone again! You can ask your Google Assistant to ring or call your phone.
What you need
Your Android phone needs to be:
- Turned on
- Signed in to a Google Account
- Connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
- Visible on Google Play
- Location is turned on
- Find My Device is turned on. After you sign in to a Google Account on an Android device, Find My Device is on by default.
Step 1. Set up personalization
If multiple people are using the same Google Home device, everyone who wants to ring their own phone must link their Google Account and voice to Google Home, even the person who set up Google Home.
If you're the only person using Google Home, or you've already linked your Google Account and voice, skip this step.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Make sure the Google Home app is updated with the latest version.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Google Home.
- Tap Menu and make sure the Google Account listed is the one you want to link to your voice. To switch accounts, click the triangle next to the Account name and choose the correct Account.
- In the top right corner of the app's Home screen, tap Devices . Find the device card or the device you're setting up with Voice Match.
- From the device card, tap the blue banner labeled Multi user is now available, Link your account, or Get personal results with Voice Match CONTINUE.
- If you haven’t already agreed to what is required to get help from your Assistant, you’ll see a screen outlining the permissions. Tap YES I’M IN.
- Training your voice:
- If you've never set up Voice Match and trained your voice, follow the prompts to teach your Assistant to recognize your voice. You'll say "Ok Google” twice and “Hey Google” twice. Tap CONTINUE. Note: This turns on Personal results.
- If you've set up Voice Match before, you won't need to teach your Assistant to recognize your voice. Tap CONTINUE.
- To retrain the voice model, tap Retrain voice model and follow the prompts. Tap CONTINUE.
- To invite others to set up Voice Match for tailored results, tap INVITE, choose your communication method, and send the invite. To skip this step, tap No thanks.
Step 2. Find your phone!
Say "Ok, Google find/ring my phone" and your Google Assistant will ring your phone, even if it's set to "Do not disturb" mode.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.