Hear a sound after saying “Ok Google”
When Google Home hears the hotword ("Ok Google" or "Hey Google"), it records what you say and sends the recording to Google to fulfil your request.
To hear a brief sound at the start and/or end of your request,
- Make sure that your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top-right corner of the Home screen, tap Devices to see available Google Home devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Google Home for which you'd like to turn on sounds.
- In the top-right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu Settings Accessibility.
- Choose when you'd like to hear the sound, at the start or end of a request.
- Turn it On .
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.