Cast media control notifications
To see Cast media control notifications, your mobile device or tablet must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or Google Home device. Also, you'll see a notification for all Chromecast and Google Home devices that are on this same Wi-Fi network.
Supported mobile devices
Cast media control notifications are available on Android devices running Android L (5.0) and above. They aren't available on iOS devices.
Supported Cast devices
You'll see Cast remote notifications when playing media using Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, Google Home, & TVs and speakers with Chromecast built-in.
What is displayed on Cast media control notifications
- Name of the device you or someone on your same Wi-Fi network is casting to.
- Content provider.
- Media controls (Pause , Mute , Stop , and Settings .).
- You can turn off Cast media control notifications within Settings .
Temporarily dismiss Cast media control notifications on your phone
To temporarily dismiss a Cast remote control notification from displaying during the current casting session, simply swipe it away.
Note: The notification will reappear if you start casting content from a different Chromecast-enabled app.
Turn off Cast media control notifications for a Chromecast or Google Home device
To prevent others on your Wi-Fi network from controlling your media casting, you can turn off Cast media control notifications on the Chromecast or Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top right corner of the Home screen, tap Devices to see available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast or Google Home you'd like prevent from sending cast notifications.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu .
- Under "Device info," turn off "Let others control your casted media" .
Turn off Cast media control notifications on your phone
To permanently turn off Cast media control notifications from displaying on your phone,
- On the notification, tap Settings .
- Turn "Show remote control notifications" off .
Tap Settings .
Under Personal, tap Google Cast media controls slide the slider off .
To turn notifications back on, slide the slider on
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.