Locate firmware version & settings
Firmware is the software which is installed on Google Home and allows it to work properly. When a new Google Home firmware update is available, your device will automatically download it via Over the Air (OTA) update.
Note: Google Home must be set up and connected to the internet in order to receive the firmware update.
To locate the firmware version of Google Home:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top right corner of app Home screen, tap Devices .
- Scroll down to find the device card for the Google Home you'd like to find the firmware version for.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and look for Cast firmware version: X.XXX.XXXXX
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.