Find your device's firmware version
Firmware is the software installed on Google Home. When a firmware update is available, your device will automatically download the update via an Over the Air (OTA) update.Google Home must be set up and connected to the internet to receive the firmware update.
Find the current firmware version
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top right corner of app's Home screen, tap Devices .
- Scroll to find the device card for the Google Home you'd like to find the firmware version for.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and look for "Cast firmware version: X.XX.XXXXXX."