Set up & manage apps for the Google Assistant (formerly Services)
Get things done and have some fun on Google Home with third-party created apps for the Google Assistant, including games & trivia, social, lifestyle, education & reference, health & fitness, news, and more.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the Google Account you linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, tap the triangle to the right of the account name.
- Tap Explore .
- Scroll through the list of apps for the Assistant. When you see one you like, tap the card.
- Read about the service and a sample list of things to ask.
Step 2: Link and unlink an app
Most apps for the Assistant don't require linking and you can immediately start using supported voice queries.However, some apps require you to link the app account to your Google Account before you can use the service with your Google Assistant. Link a service
- Tap the card of the service you want to link.
- Tap Link.
- Sign in to the app.
- Tap the card of the app you want to unlink.
- Tap Unlink Unlink to confirm you want to unlink the app.
Step 3: Interact with apps using your voice
Use these commands to start a session with an Assistant app. To learn more about an app, including additional unique commands, go to Menu Explore and tap on the app’s card.
|To do this...||Say "Ok Google" or “Hey Google," then...|
|Start using an Assistant app||“Let me speak/talk to <app name>”
“I want to speak/talk to <app name>"
“Can I speak/talk to <app name>”
“Speak/talk to <app name>”
“At <app name>”
|Stop using an Assistant app||"Cancel”|
Frequently asked questions about appsHow do I know I’m talking to app for the Google Assistant?
- You’ll hear a short tone letting you know your Google Assistant has successfully reached the app.
- You may hear a short introduction from the app welcoming you to the app.
- The app host will have a different voice than your Google Assistant.
- When you say “Ok Google, cancel” to cancel a session, you’ll hear a short tone letting you know the session has ended.