Google Home app settings
Google Home app settings are required to get the most out of Google Home. These include settings for all devices with Google Assistant, Google Home device level settings, and Google Account settings.
To find these settings:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu More settings.
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed at the top of your screen is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
Google Account settings
Under "Account," you’ll adjust settings related to your Google Account. Settings include:
- Personal info - Manage your nickname, addresses, and preferences.
- Payments (US only) - Manage payment methods and addresses.
- Shared devices (US only) - Get a personalized experience based on your voice.
Note: It’s important that your Google Account is the same account you linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
Here’s how to adjust Google Account settings.
Settings for Google Home devices
Under "Devices," you’ll adjust settings related to specific Google Home device(s). Settings include:
- Device name - The name of your Google Home.
- Device address - The address where your Google Home device is located. Note: This is different than your Home and Work addresses.
- Assistant language - Change the language of your Assistant on all Google Homes.
- Personal results - Allow Google Home to read out your private info like your shopping list, calendar and flights, and help you with tasks like reservations and payments.
- YouTube Restricted Mode - Hide songs and videos that may contain inappropriate content.
Here’s how to adjust Google Home device level settings.
Settings for all devices with Google Assistant
Under "Services," you’ll adjust feature-related Google Assistant settings on Google Home and other devices, like Pixel. Settings include:
- Music - Hear songs from your favorite music services.
- Home control - Control your smart home devices.
- News - Get the latest news from sources you trust.
- My Day - Hear a summary about your upcoming day.
- TVs and Speakers - Cast music and video to other devices.
- Shopping list - Buy items (US only) and manage lists .
- Assistant apps (formerly Services) (US only) - Get things done with linked services.
Here’s how to adjust settings for all devices with the Google Assistant.
Here’s where you can control data generated by your Google Assistant. Learn more about My Activity and what's saved there.
What is displayed in My Activity
Within My Activity, you can find transcriptions and audio files of your requests, like questions asked, songs played or calendar events created.
Manage My Activity
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
- Tap More settings My Activity.
You can search using keywords and filter by date.
Here's how to delete activity saved in My Activity.
Note: Only you can see this data. Here's more on how Google protects your privacy and security.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.