Google Home app settings
Google Home app settings are required to get the most out of Google Home. These include settings for all devices with Google Assistant, Google Home device level settings, and Google Account settings.
To find these settings:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu More settings.
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed at the top of your screen is the one you used to set up your Google Home. Here's how to check which Google Account was used to set up Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
Settings for all devices with Google Assistant
Here is where you’ll adjust feature-related Google Assistant settings on Google Home and other devices, like Pixel. Settings include:
- Music - Hear songs from your favorite music services
- Home control - Control your smart home devices
- News - Get the latest news from sources you trust
- My Day - Hear a summary about your upcoming day
- TVs and Speakers - Cast music and video to other devices
- Shopping list - Remember what to buy with Google Keep
- Services - Get things done with linked services
Here’s how to adjust settings for all devices with the Google Assistant.
Settings for Google Home devices
Here is where you’ll adjust settings related to specific Google Home device(s). Settings include:
- Device address - The address where your Google Home device is located
- Personal results - Allow Google Home to read out your private info like your calendar and flights, display your photos on TV, and help you with tasks like reservations and purchases
- YouTube Restricted Mode - Hide songs and videos that may contain inappropriate content
Here’s how to adjust Google Home device level settings.
Google Account settings
Here is where you’ll adjust settings related to your Google Account. Settings include:
- Personal info - Manage your nickname, addresses, and preferences
- Payments - Manage payment methods and addresses
- My Activity - Control data generated by your Google Assistant
Note: It’s important that your Google Account is the same account you used to set up Google Home. Here's how to check which Google Account was used to set up Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
Here’s how to adjust Google Account settings.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.