Reboot Google Home
Rebooting Google Home or Google Home Mini may fix several issues. There are two ways to reboot your Google Home device.
Note: Google Home and Google Home Mini are both referred to as 'Google Home device' below.
From the Google Home app
- Make sure that your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top-right corner of the Home screen, tap Devices to see available Google Home devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the device that you'd like to reboot.
- In the top-right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu Settings.
- In the top-right corner of the 'Device settings page', tap the More button Reboot.
Unplug Google Home
- Unplug the power cable from your Google Home device.
- Leave it unplugged for ~1 minute.
- Plug the power cable back in.
Note: Rebooting Google Home isn't the same as Factory Data Resetting (FDR) Google Home. Here’s more about Factory Data Resetting your Google Home device.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?