Reboot Google Home
Rebooting your Google Home device may fix several issues. There are two ways to reboot your Google Home device.
From the Google Home app
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top right corner of the Home screen, tap Devices to see available Google Home devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the device you'd like to reboot.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu Settings.
- In the top right corner of the "Device settings page", tap the More button Reboot.
Unplug Google Home
- Unplug the power cord from your Google Home device.
- Leave it unplugged for ~1 minute.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Note: Rebooting Google Home isn't the same as Factory Data Resetting (FDR) Google Home. Here’s more about Factory Data Resetting your Google Home device.