If you use G Suite, your administrator controls whether you can use Currents and post content. You might not be able to use Currents if:
- Your administrator turns off Currents for your account.
- Your account doesn’t have an active G Suite license.
When you can't use Currents for G Suite:
- You won’t be able to post, comment, or like posts in Currents.
- You’ll get an error message or notice when you try to post, comment, or like posts.
- You might be able to delete your old content. Delete and manage activity on Currents.
- You might be able to delete your Currents profile.
- If your work is no longer a G Suite customer, your Currents profile and content will be deleted for you. This does not apply for schools using G Suite for Education.
Note: If your Currents account is suspended, your access to Currents may be blocked and your content will be hidden.
If you want to use Currents but are unable to, contact your administrator. Your administrator might need to assign a new license to your account.
If you signed up for G Suite for yourself, you're probably your account’s administrator. Make sure your billing information is correct and fix payment and billing issues.