The Currents User Content and Conduct Policy describes the shared values of the Currents community. Currents is a place where people can express their beliefs and values, and our policies help foster a positive environment.
These policies may change based on the needs of the broader community, so we encourage you to review them regularly.
We take our policies seriously and ask you to respect them. When you are posting or sharing content on Currents, you have certain responsibilities to yourself and to others.Warning
We may limit your access again or disable your access to Currents entirely if you continue to violate our content and conduct policies. We understand that Currents and its policies may not be for everyone. If you do decide that Currents is not for you, we encourage you to make a copy of your Currents data before you disable Currents.
For repeated or particularly severe violations of our policies, your Currents profile may be suspended permanently. This means you will no longer have access to Currents and may be prevented from using Google services that require an active Currents profile. If your profile is suspended, you can use Google Takeout to download a copy of your content for up to 60 days, before your content is deleted. Depending on the severity of your violation, you may be able to appeal your profile suspension if you believe that your content or conduct does not violate our policies. If your appeal is successful, your content may be restored.
Suspending your Currents profile has many consequences, including:
- Your circles are deleted.
- Your +1's are deleted.
- Your posts and comments are deleted and are no longer visible to anyone you shared them with.
- Currents social and sharing features are disabled in other Google products and services.
- Your Currents pages and their content are deleted. (If you decide to disable Currents, transfer ownership of your pages first.)
Suspending your Currents profile does not affect some other Google products and features, for example:
- No photos are deleted: you can still access them and delete them in the Album Archive.
- Your connections to third-party services aren’t affected. To manage them, use the Connected Accounts Settings.
- Your chat buddies in Gmail aren’t deleted.
- Your Currents Local reviews aren’t deleted: they are marked as private and you can find them in the "My Places" section of Google Maps. You can delete them there if you want.