You can search Currents for people, posts, and communities. Searching makes it easy to find things you like or may be interested in.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Currents app .
- In the top right corner, tap Search .
- In the top bar, type what you want to search for.
- On the bottom right, tap Search .
Your search results include:
- Communities: Communities related to what you searched for
- People: Profiles that mention what you searched for
- Currents posts: Both public posts, and posts that were shared with you
More search options
If you use Currents for work or school, you can use the search box to perform an advanced search.
- On your computer, open Currents.
- At the top, in the search box, click the Down arrow .
- Type or click what you want to search for or filter by.
- Click Search.
You can also refine a search in Currents by typing advanced search operators directly in the search box.
Find posts from a specific user or user ID.
Tip: The ID, or url_id, is the string of numbers at the end of a profile’s URL.
Find posts with specific content.
Find posts posted before or after a certain date, or within a custom date range.
Find posts commented on by a specific user.
Find posts that mention a specific user.
Find posts in any community or in a specific community by ID.
Tip: The community ID is the string of numbers and letters at the end of a community's URL.
AND, OR & NOT
You can refine your search to include multiple queries or exclude certain terms by using logic operators. Enter these operators in all capital letters.
Tip: You can search for multiple operators without use of the word "AND." You can also replace "NOT" with a minus sign.