Sign in to Cloud Connect and Google University (for Partners)
Note: If you’re a Google Cloud or G Suite customer—not a Google Cloud Partner—join the Cloud Connect Community instead.
Cloud Connect Partner Portal is the official community for Google Cloud Partners. It’s a one-stop hub for partners to access the latest news and resources, including launch announcements, product updates, and technical documentation.
Google University is the destination for partners around the world to learn how to effectively market, sell, order, deploy, and support G Suite Enterprise and Google Cloud products. The heart of Google University is role-specific learning plans that target the skills needed by every partner to be successful. Each learning plan consists of training content and assessments. Plans include instructor-led training, self-paced learning, or a mix of both.
Sign in to Cloud Connect
Important: Sign in using the Google Account associated with your company email address (for example, email@example.com). If you sign in with your personal Gmail account, you won't have access to partner-specific content.
If you don’t have a Google Account associated with your company email address, see below for instructions to get a Google Account for your company email.
- Go to Cloud Connect Partner Portal and click Sign in.
- Enter the username and password for the Google Account that’s associated with your company email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The first time you sign in, you’re asked to authorize access and complete your profile.
- If asked to allow Cloud Connect to access your email address and basic information, click Allow.
- Specify your user preferences by checking the relevant boxes.
When you sign in to Cloud Connect, you’ll see content related to your preferences.
- (Optional) Opt in for Communications to get critical updates from our team.
Sign in to Google University
- Sign in to Cloud Connect with the username and password for the Google Account that’s associated with your company email address.
- After you sign in for the first time, wait 10 minutes before trying to access Google University.
- In the same browser, go to Google University.
You’ll be redirected to the Google University dashboard.
You can now search the catalog to add courses, find out which courses are required for your partner credential, or see your transcript.
Troubleshooting and support
If you are an existing Google Cloud Partner but you can’t access Cloud Connect and Google University, follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
If you don’t have a Google Account associated with your company email address, create one to sign in to Cloud Connect for Partners. You can sign up for a Google Account without creating a Gmail email address—think of it as an authentication-only account.
- Go to the Google Account creation page.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Under Your email address, enter your corporate email address (for example, email@example.com).
Important: Don't create a personal Gmail address.
- If the Username field is prefilled with @gmail.com, delete this and enter your company email address.
- Create a password for your Google Account, enter your personal information, and click Next.
- On the Verify your email page, enter the code you receive from Google at your company email address and click Verify.
It can take time to get the verification email. If you’re unable to verify, see Fix problems with a verification link or email.
- Enter your phone number and click Next.
- Enter the code you get on your phone and click Next.
- Enter your birthday, select your gender, and click Next.
See why Google asks for this information.
- Choose if you’d like to add your phone number to your account for use across Google services.
- Review and check the Privacy and Terms boxes, then click Create Account.
- Click Confirm.
- Sign in to the Cloud Connect Partner Portal.
You can’t sign to Cloud Connect using Gmail or personal emails. If you’re trying to sign in to Cloud Connect using your corporate email while signed in to your browser using your personal Gmail account, you won’t be able to sign in to Cloud Connect or Google University.
To fix this:
- Open a Google Chrome Browser Incognito Window (or private browsing if using different browsers).
- Sign in to Cloud Connect Partner Portal with the corporate email (not a Gmail address) that’s associated to a Google Account.
This email is most likely the one that received the Google Welcome email when you first signed up.
- To check which email is associated to your account, go to your account. If your primary email is a Gmail or any other personal email, remove your corporate email from the Alternate/Other Email section in your Gmail account.
See Sign in to your Google Account with another email address.
- If you’re still unable to sign in:
- Recreate and verify a Google Account using your corporate email.
- Using your corporate email address, sign in to Cloud Connect one more time in a Chrome Browser Incognito window.
If you encounter an Error: 1004 message while trying to sign in to Cloud Connect, the Google Account you're trying to sign in with is missing your first or last name. This prevents our system from authenticating properly. For instructions on resolving this issue, see How to resolve 'Error: 1004'.
To fix issues with accessing Docs files, resubmit your preferences in Cloud Connect:
- Sign in to Cloud Connect with your corporate email using a Chrome Incognito window.
- In the top right corner next to your name, click your photo.
- Click Preferences.
- In the General Preferences tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Edit your Google Cloud user preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Personal Settings page and click Edit your Google Cloud user preferences.
- Uncheck and recheck all boxes, then click Submit.
- At the top right, click on your photo and click Log out.
- Close the browser window.
- Open a new Chrome Incognito window and sign into Cloud Connect again.