How do I turn off automatic read receipts for my users?
- Workspace Admin console
- Disable read receipts
- User settings
To disable read receipts for users in your organization, turn it off in the Admin console.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps Google Workspace Gmail User settings.
- If you've created child organizations in your Admin console, under Organizations on the left, select the organizational unit you want to set up. The Organizations section isn't available if no child organizations have been created. For details, visit Tailor Gmail settings for your organization.
- In the Email read receipts section, select this option:
- Do not allow email read receipts to be sent - Turns off requesting and returning read receipts.
- At the bottom, click Save.
It might take up to 24 hours for your changes to apply to individual user accounts. You can track prior changes in the Admin console audit log.