The Google Clips app will walk you through the process of setting up your Google Clips camera.
What you need to get started
- A Google Clips camera
- An iPhone with iOS 11 or higher
- The latest version of the Google Clips app
- A signed-in Google account
Set up your Google Clips camera
Follow these simple instructions to set up your Google Clips camera on your iPhone.
Note: Before set up, make sure your Clips camera is charged and your iPhone meets the requirements to use the Google Clips camera.
Step 1. Download the Google Clips app for iOS
Step 2. Set up Google Clips
- Open the Google Clips app.
- Tap Start Setup to begin the process of pairing your camera to your iPhone.
- Searching for Google Clips: Press the shutter button on your camera to put the camera in setup mode. In setup mode, the top and bottom LEDs on the Google Clips camera will alternate pulsing white.
- If the Google Clips app finds your Clips camera, tap the camera nameConnect.
- If the Google Clips app finds multiple Clips cameras nearby, you'll be prompted to select your camera from a list, then tap Connect. When your camera is selected in the Google Clips app, it's LEDs should light up as shown in the app. Otherwise, your camera can be identified by the last 4 numbers on the camera's serial number, which is printed on the bottom of the camera next to the USB-C charging port.
- If the Google Clips app can't find your camera, make sure the camera has been properly charged and try again.
- If your camera is already connected to another phone, you'll need to either remove the camera from that phone in the Google Clips app installed on that phone, or factory reset the camera to continue.
- Updating Google Clips: Once the Google Clips app connects to your camera, the app will need to update the software on the camera.
- Tap Connect to allow your phone to update your Google Clips camera.
- To successfully update, your iPhone must connect to your Clips camera's Wi-Fi network. To do this, tap Join when prompted by your phone.
- While your Clips camera is being updated, the Clips app will show you a variety of tips to help you get started.
- Once the update is complete, tap Next.
- Google Clips is ready to use! Tap Finish and twist the lens clockwise to start capturing. Have fun!
Note: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must be enabled on your iPhone in order for your Google Clips app to connect to your camera and install updates. If your iPhone's bluetooth or Wi-Fi are turned off at any time during the setup process, the Google Clips app will prompt you to turn them on to continue.