You can get details or take actions on your photos, objects around you, and image searches with Google Lens.
- Lens can translate text into all Google Translate languages.
- Shopping results are available in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, and United States.
You can use Google Lens from:
- Google Photos
- Google Assistant on most Android phones
- The Google app on some Android phones, like Pixel
Get details & take action on your photos
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Select a photo.
- Tap Lens .
- Depending on your photo, check the details, take an action, or find similar products.
If you take a photo of:
- Apparel and home goods: Find similar products and where to buy them.
- Barcodes: Use a barcode to find info about a product, like where to buy it.
- Business card: Save the phone number or address to a contact.
- Book: Get a summary and read reviews.
- Event flyer or billboard: Add the event to your calendar.
- Landmark or building: See historical facts, hours of operation, and more.
- Painting in a museum: Read about the artist and learn more.
- Plant or animal: Learn about species and breeds.
Tip: To copy text, tap and select the words you'd like to copy.
Translate a screenshot
Important: You can only translate screenshots in these languages:
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to the website or app you want to translate.
- Take a screenshot. Learn how to take a screenshot.
- Open the Google Photos app .
- Select the screenshot you want to translate, then tap Lens Translate.
To find and delete your Google Lens activity, go to the Lens page on My Activity. Learn how to control what's saved in your Google Account.
If you don't want your Google Lens activity saved to your Google Account, turn off Web & App Activity. Learn how to see and control your Web & App Activity.