When your Pixel is in a supported case, Dive Case Connector for Camera lets you use features like Night Sight and Portrait underwater.1 Some of your Pixel’s Camera features aren’t available while in a dive case.
Important: Some of these steps only work when your Pixel has installed:
- Android 11 and up
- Latest versions of Google Camera and Google Photos
1 Works with Pixel 2 or newer phones. Requires Android R, Camera Update 8.1 (Nov. 2020), Dive Case Connector app for Google Camera, KRH04 or KRH03 Kraken Sports Universal Smart Phone Housing (sold separately). Google is not responsible for the operation of Kraken Sports products or their compliance with any applicable safety or other requirements. Kraken Sports is a registered trademark of Kraken Sports Ontario, Canada.
Dive cases that work with Dive Case Connector
- Kraken Sports KRH04 Universal Smart Phone Housing
- Kraken Sports KRH03 Universal Smart Phone Housing Pro with Depth/Temp Sensor
- Kraken Sports KRH02 Smart Housing
- Kraken Sports KRH01 Smart Housing Pro with Depth/Temp Sensor
Pair & use a dive case with your Pixel phoneConnect a dive case to your Pixel phone
On your Pixel phone:
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Download the Dive Case Connector app.
- Before you connect to your dive case, in the Dive Case Connector app, adjust your settings.
- Hold your Pixel phone near the dive case.
- While in the Dive Case Connector app, tap Connect case.
- Wait for your dive case to appear on the Pixel’s screen. On your screen, choose the dive case.
- On your dive case, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to:
- Check if the dive case is connected to your phone.
- Complete any other tasks to get your Pixel in the case and ready for diving.
Important: Your depth underwater and the ambient water temperature are only available on some dive cases that have built-in depth and temperature sensors.
- If your Pixel is connected to your dive case, disconnect it.
- Open the Dive Case Connector app.
- Choose your desired settings:
- To choose between saltwater or freshwater, tap Water Type.
- To show your current depth underwater and ambient water temperature when Camera is open, turn on Data Overlay.
- Important: To have Data Overlay in Camera show your underwater depth correctly, you must set a “Water Type.”
- To change between Imperial or Metric units used for depth and temperature in the Data Overlay, tap Units.
- Connect your Pixel phone to your dive case.
- To open your Pixel’s Camera app, on the dive case, press the Shutter Button or Lever.
- Tip: This works even if your phone’s screen is off and locked.
- Data Overlay shows battery life for your dive case and Pixel. On supported devices, it also shows your underwater depth and ambient water temperature.
Take a photo with your dive case
- To open your Pixel’s Camera app, on the dive case, press the Shutter button or Lever.
- Tip: This works even if your phone’s screen is off and is locked.
- To take a photo, on your dive case, press the Shutter button or Lever.
Take a video, portrait photo, or use Night Sight
- To choose different modes in Camera, on your dive case with Camera open, press Mode. Press Mode multiple times to cycle through all the choices. This lets you select Camera, Video, Night Sight, or Portrait.
- Important: Camera, Video, Night Sight, and Portrait are the only Camera modes you can use with a dive case.
- After you choose a mode, to take a photo or video, press the Shutter button or Lever.
- To stop recording in Video mode, press the Shutter button or Lever again.
Choose what’s in focus
Your Pixel automatically focuses on the subject that’s in the center of the screen. If that’s not the desired focus, you can choose what’s in focus.
- With Camera open, point your Pixel phone so the subject is in the middle of the screen.
- To focus on the subject, on your dive case, press the MF/AF button.
- Change where you point your Pixel so that the subject is in the frame where you want it. The focus stays on the subject even if it’s no longer in the center of your screen.
Zoom in & out
- To zoom in, on your dive case, press the Zoom button ▲.
- To zoom out, on your dive case, press the Filter button ▼.
If Camera is open or your Pixel is unlocked, you can find recent photos and videos.
- For your most recent photo, press the Menu/OK button.
- To move between photos and videos, press the Zoom button ▲ and Filter button ▼.
- When you’re done, to open Camera again, press the Shutter button or Lever.