You can download available music, audiobook, and podcast apps for your car with the Google Play Store built in when you’re parked. After you download the app, you can play and browse media while you drive. Learn how to download apps for your car.
Important: Settings vary by car manufacturer. For more info, reference your owner’s manual.
Before you start
You need a car with Google apps and services built in. Learn which cars are compatible.
Listen to music or audiobooks with apps in your car
Important: You may need a premium account for some apps, like YouTube Music or Spotify, to play music in the car.
- On your car display, at the top right, tap Apps .
- Select an app.
- Tap the track you want to play.
Listen to music or audiobooks over Bluetooth
Important: When you use Bluetooth to stream media from your phone, some media apps may be unavailable on the car’s display.
- Pair your phone with your car via Bluetooth.
- To learn how, check your owner’s manual.
- On your car display, at the top right, tap Apps Bluetooth Audio .
- Under your phone’s name, tap Bluetooth Player .
- Select your media source.