You can ask Assistant to navigate, play music or radio, or call a friend.
Try these commands
- "Navigate to [address].”
- “Navigate to Work."
- "How’s the traffic to work?"
- "What’s my next turn?"
Use car controls
- “Set the temperature to 70 degrees.”
- “Turn on my seat heater.”
- “Turn on the front defroster.”
- "Play some music."
- “Play the news.”
- “Resume my book.”
- "Play [song name]."
- “Play [radio] or [frequency].”
- "Play the latest episode of [podcast name]."
Step 1: Pair your mobile phone
To send text messages and make calls, connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth.
To read your messages, enable notifications for Assistant.
- Tap the car display home screen
- Go to your apps.
- Tap Settings Apps and Notifications Special app access Notification access.
- Turn on Google Assistant.
Step 3: Use voice commands
- "Call Mom."
- "Text Dad."
- "Read my messages."
Tip: To have Assistant read a notification, you can also tap Play.