This page describes domain verification and provides instructions for associating a domain with your project.
Note: Domain verification in the API Console is no longer required to make push notifications work with your domains. To enable push notifications, follow the steps for the API from which you’re receiving push notifications.
For more information about enabling push notifications, see the following resources:
- Google Cloud Pub/Sub Subscriber Guide
- Google Drive Push Notifications
- Google Calendar Push Notifications
The following content is obsolete, but is retained below for your reference.
What is domain verification?
Domain verification ensures that push notifications delivered from Google Cloud Pub/Sub and specific Google APIs are sent only to domains associated with the subscribing project. It serves as abuse-prevention, to stop anyone from sending messages to someone else's domain.
How do I associate a domain with my project?
- Verify that you own the domain in Google Search Console. (For instructions, see Verify your site ownership in the Google Search Console help.)
- Go to the API Console.
- From the projects list, select a project.
- If the APIs & services page isn't already open, open the console left side menu and select APIs & services.
- On the left, select Domain verification.
- Click Add domain.
- Enter the domain that you previously registered with Google Search Console.
- Follow the steps for the API from which you’re receiving push notifications.