Verifying domains for push notifications
This page describes domain verification and provides instructions for associating a domain with your project.
What is domain verification?
Domain verification ensures that push notifications delivered from Google Cloud Pub/Sub and specific Google APIs are sent only to domains associated with the subscribing project. It serves as abuse-prevention, to stop anyone from sending messages to someone else's domain.
How do I associate a domain with my project?
- Verify that you own the domain in Google Search Console. (For instructions, see Verify your site ownership in the Google Search Console help.)
- Go to the API Console.
- From the projects list, select a project.
- If the APIs & services page isn't already open, open the console left side menu and select APIs & services.
- On the left, select Credentials, then click Domain verification.
- Click Add domain.
- Enter the domain that you previously registered with Google Search Console.
- Follow the steps for the API from which you’re receiving push notifications.