What are the prerequisites for joining the Associate Cloud Engineer track?
Familiarity with the following topics is helpful for success in the Associate Cloud Engineer track:
- Operating systems
- File systems
- The IP networking stack
- How web browsers and web servers communicate
- Working with Linux at the command line
- Editing text files from the Linux command line
What do I learn in the Associate Cloud Engineer track program?
Architecting with Google Cloud Compute Engine Specialization: Explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems, and applications services. Explore the courses in this specialization.
Hands-on Labs: Practice with hands-on labs. See the Additional Resources section for a list of hands-on labs related to the Associate Cloud Engineer certification.
Where can I find extra practice materials?
- Practice with more hands-on labs on topics and services related to Google Cloud Platform infrastructure on Qwiklabs.
- Review study jams in the Program Materials section on this page
- Review and practice using the resources in the Associate Cloud Engineer certification page
What is the recommended timeline for the Associate Cloud Engineer track program?
Recommended Student Milestones (You can race ahead of the timeline!):
- Week 2: Complete course #1, GCP Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
- Week 3: Complete course #2, Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation
- Week 4: Complete course #3, Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Core Services
- Week 5: Complete course #4, Elastic Cloud Infrastructure: Scaling and Automation
- Week 7: Complete course #5, Reliable Cloud Infrastructure: Design and Process (Complete all courses in the Specialization)
- Week 9 - Week 16: Complete practice with additional Qwiklabs and review documentation
- Complete Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam before voucher expiration date
Will I continue to have access to Coursera after the Associate Cloud Engineer track timeline ends?
Your access to Coursera expires in 4 months. After your access expires, you cannot complete graded assignments and get your course completion certificate. Make sure to download PDFs from the Resources section for each course as you go through the training.
How do I apply for certification discount?
To be eligible for a certification voucher:
- You must have completed the Architecting with Google Compute Engine Specialization on Coursera.
- You must have completed at least five Qwiklabs quests (if you apply for the voucher after Feb 19, 2020).
- Check the Associate Cloud Engineer certification page for recommended quests.
Submit the Application for Certification Voucher. If you meet the eligibility criteria the certification voucher will be emailed to you in 2-3 business days.