Conversion Tracking: Troubleshooting conversion tracking status
If you've set up Google Ads conversion tracking to monitor when your ads lead to valuable actions such as website purchases or calls to a phone number on your website, there are several ways for you to check that conversions are being recorded correctly. If they aren’t being recorded correctly, you can troubleshoot problems with your conversion tracking tag (the snippet of code you or your webmaster installed on your website). You can:
- Verify that Google Ads can "see" your tag and is recording conversions within your account.
- Use other tools and methods to check that the tag is installed in the right place and uses the right code parameters.
- Review a few common problems to check for if conversions aren't being recorded properly.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Goals icon .
- Click the Conversions drop down in the section menu.
- Click Summary.
- Here, you can view a table where you can find all of your conversion actions.
- At the top of the page, you can view all conversion related notifications and suggested actions you can take to improve your conversion measurement.
- The "Status" column provides information about your conversion actions and how they’re performing so far.
Your conversion actions have 3 different overview statuses, which can be viewed in the “Summary” section of the “Conversions” page.
- Active: An “Active” conversion action overview status is highlighted in green and indicates that everything is working as intended. Hover over the status to view additional details.
- Needs Attention: A “Needs attention” conversion action overview status is highlighted in yellow and indicates there are action items to address. Hover over the status to view additional details and any next steps to take.
- Not recording: A “Not recording” conversion action overview status is highlighted in red. This indicates that our system has either not received a ping from your conversion measurement tag in more than 24 hours, a measurement platform hasn’t been linked (Google Play, Firebase, Gold, or other third-party platforms) or your account isn’t allowlisted (Store Visits and Store Sales). Hover over the status to view additional details.