Troubleshooting conversion tracking status
This page goes over issues and troubleshooting for Google Ads tags. If you're looking for Google Tag Manager, go to Troubleshoot issues for Google tags.
If you've set up Google Ads conversion tracking to see when your ads lead to valuable actions such as website purchases or calls to a phone number on your website, there are several ways for you to check that conversions are being recorded correctly. If they aren’t being recorded correctly, you can troubleshoot problems with your conversion tracking tag (the snippet of code you or your webmaster installed on your website). You can:
- Verify that Google Ads can "see" your tag and is recording conversions within your account.
- Use other tools and methods to check that the tag is installed in the right place and uses the right code parameters.
- Review a few common problems to check for if conversions aren't being recorded properly.
Whether you just created a new conversion action and installed the conversion tracking tag (on your website), or want to confirm or troubleshoot an existing conversion action, you can check its tracking status from the Conversions page in your Google Ads account. To do so:
Note: The instructions below are part of a new Google Ads user experience that will launch for all advertisers in 2024. If you’re still using the previous version of Google Ads, review the Quick reference map or use the Search bar in the top navigation panel of Google Ads to find the page you’re searching for.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Goals icon .
- Click the Conversions drop down in the section menu.
- Click Summary.
- In the conversion actions table, find the conversion action you want to check in the "Name" column, then look at the "Status" column in that same row.
What tracking status do you see?
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?