/google-ads/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Advanced Location Targeting
Hi,

I was curious to know what would be the ideal settings regarding targeting location + advanced location settings and Keywords for this scenario.

My business offers flower delivery in the UK. My clients order from all over the world.
The biggest search volume comes from the UK, but those also has the lowest ROAS compared to "the rest of the world".

I am thinking about these 3 options:

1. Target location: UK
Advanced settings: Search interest: People searching for your targeted locations
Keywords: Keywords includes target Location "flower delivery uk" "flower delivery london" etc.

2. Target location: UK
Advanced settings: Search interest: People searching for your targeted locations
Keywords: Keywords does not include target location "flower delivery" etc
(since the settings are set to "people searching for" it should only trigger searches from people that includes a location within my target location in their search anyway?)

3. Target location: The whole world
Advanced settings: Presence or interest: People in, regularly in, or who've shown interest in your targeted locations (recommended)
Keywords: Keywords includes target Location "flower delivery uk" "flower delivery london" etc.

What would be the best set up and is there "a difference" in the traffic I would get between these settings? And if so, what would that be?

I have tried to read about the google help articles for this topic but it isn't very clear to me, so would appreciate any help :)
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (5)
Relevant Answer
This would be my preference:

3. Target location: The whole world
Advanced settings: Presence or interest: People in, regularly in, or who've shown interest in your targeted locations (recommended)
Keywords: Keywords includes target Location "flower delivery uk" "flower delivery london" etc.

But I wouldn't target the whole world in one campaign. I would have countries where click costs are higher  - like USA, Europe, Canada, Australia in their own campaign. The more granular, the easier it is to optimise and measure results.

If I want to send flowers to someone in the UK, I would definitely include "uk" in my search query.

Relying on Google to understand intent is (in my opinion) not as good as actually having "uk" in the keywords. 

For example, I could be searching for lots of UK things, but then want to send flowers to someone in Australia. Google might read that wrong. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you for your reply.

The issue Ive noticed when using this setting you suggest (which I did in the start) is that I get a lot of people in the UK, searching for flower delivery in other countries.
So if you are in the UK and search for "flower delivery paris" my ads will show, since you are "present".
Also people from other countries that at some point has shown some type of "interest" in the uk for whatever reason. So people in France searching for "flower delivery in paris" will also see the ads only because they have had some type of "connection" to the Uk in the past according to google.

When switching this setting to "people searching for" I still get a lot of traffic from people present in the location, but with much more relevant searches to my location.

That is why I ruled that option out in my 3 suggested alternatives.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
For UK people wanting to send flowers overseas, just make it very clear in your headlines what you offer. Google often only shows 2 headlines, so make sure it is in the first two, or pinned in the first two for responsive ads. 

Send Flowers to UK Addresses

(for example)

Give the UK their own campaign
Check the Search Terms report frequently
Add all countries and major cities as negatives proactively (look online for lists)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you so much! Will try this :)
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/google-ads/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic