The following bid strategies are available in Google Ads Editor. You can use bid strategies for new or existing campaigns in your account:
- Target ROAS
- Target CPA
- Target impression share
- Maximize conversions
- Maximize conversion value
- Maximize clicks
- Manual CPC
- Manual CPM
- Manual CPV
You can also apply any portfolio bid strategies to campaigns in your account. New portfolio bid strategies cannot be created in Editor.
View and edit bid strategies
To view the existing bid strategies in an account, refer to two columns on the Campaigns tab: Bid strategy type and Bid strategy.
To edit the bid strategies for one or more items in an account, follow these steps:
- Select the Campaigns tab.
- Select one or more campaigns in the data view.
- In the edit panel, click the Edit link in the “Bid strategy” section.
- Select the bid strategy that you want to apply.
- Click OK.
Import bid strategies in bulk
To update multiple bid strategies using CSV import or the "Make multiple changes" tool for campaigns include the "Bid strategy type" and "Bid strategy" columns in your list of items to add or update.
The following example shows campaign import with bid strategy information.
|Campaign||Bid Strategy Type||Bid Strategy Name||Enhanced CPC||Target CPA||Target ROAS||Maximum CPC bid limit|
|Campaign using Manual CPC||Manual CPC||Enabled|
|Campaign using Manual CPM||Manual CPM|
Campaign using Manual CPV
|Campaign using Maximize conversions||Maximize conversions|
|Campaign using Target CPA||Target CPA||12.34|
|Campaign using Target ROAS||Target ROAS||12.34%|
|Campaign using Maximize clicks||Maximize clicks||Enabled||12.34|
|Campaign using a portfolio strategy||My portfolio strategy|
Here are a few notes about including bid strategies in imports:
- To apply portfolio bid strategies, use the “Bid strategy Name” column. When this column has a value in it, Google Ads Editor ignores the “Bid strategy type” column.
- To use standard bid strategies, use the “Bid strategy type” column. For example, you can enter “Target CPA” to use a standard Target CPA bid strategy."
- Portfolio bid strategies in the bid strategy column are case sensitive. For example, if your Google Ads shared library includes a bid strategy called "My Bid Strategy," Google Ads Editor doesn't recognize "my bid strategy" as the same strategy.