- Starting June 30, 2022, you’ll no longer be able to create or edit expanded text ads.
- Expanded text ads will continue to serve, and you'll still find reports on their performance going forward.
- You'll still be able to pause and resume your expanded text ads, or remove them if needed.
- We strongly encourage you to transition to responsive search ads.
- Learn more about this change to expanded text ads
You can use Google Ads Editor to create and edit expanded text ads, which are designed for optimal performance on mobile devices so you can reach potential customers when they’re on the go.
We recently made changes to text ads so that you have more room to convey your message to customers. Now, you can:
- Add a third headline
- Add a second description
- Use up to 90 characters for each description
To create and edit an expanded text ad:
- Select Ads and then Expanded text ads from the type list.
- Click Add expanded text ad and select the ad groups where you want the new expanded text ads to appear.
- Enter ad text, paths, and URLs in the edit panel.
- To edit existing expanded text ads, select the ads you want to change from the data view and update the information in the edit panel.