The Export backup feature makes it easy to do short-term changes in your campaigns. For example, to run ads for a week-long promotion, you can post the promotional ads on Monday morning, then revert to your regular ads on Friday afternoon. Follow these steps to run a modified campaign for a limited time:
- In the account tree, select the ad group or campaign containing the ads you wish to change. If the ads are spread throughout your account, select the account name.
- Go to the Account menu > Export and choose whether to export the entire account or a selection of campaigns and ad groups, depending on where the ads are located.
- After selecting what to export, indicate the location where you'd like to save the file, and choose to save it in the "Account archives (*.aea)" format. By default, the file name will include your account name and the date.
- Click Save.
- Add your new ads in Google Ads Editor. For example, replace your regular ad text with the promotional ad text.
- Post your changes.
- When you're ready to revert to the previous version of your ads, go to the Account menu > Import > From file and select the file that you saved earlier.
- Review the imported version of your account and accept or reject the changes as necessary to restore your account to its previous state. If you made other updates during the week (for example, bids or campaign settings), be sure to reject the imported changes that conflict with those updates. Otherwise, when you import the old text ads, your other updates will be cleared.
- Learn how to pause, remove, or resume ads.