The Constant Sync feature in Google Ads Editor shows you the changes in your accounts as they’re made, even by users on other devices. Learn more About Google Ads Editor.
- While Constant Sync is active, Google Ads Editor will get recent changes for your accounts to ensure that local copies are fully synced up with the frontend.
- You can get the most up-to-date version of the account you’re working on as changes are made.
- The Constant Sync feature prevents conflicts which occur when multiple users are working on an account at the same time.
How Constant Sync works
You can enable and disable the Constant Sync feature from the dropdown under the “Get recent changes” button on the Google Ads Editor toolbar.
- Visual indication that Constant Sync is enabled: When this feature is enabled, you’ll spot visual indications on the “Get recent changes” button and the account tree.
- Updating recent changes in Google Ads Editor: As most up-to-date changes are discovered by Constant Sync, they will appear in Google Ads Editor consecutively with a brief and subtle highlighting or fading effect.
- When a newly created entity is inserted into Google Ads Editor’s local copy of the account, a row will be added into the data view.
- When a field for an existing entity is updated, the new value for the field will appear in the edit pane.
- When an entity is deleted, it will be removed from the data view.