You can integrate your Customer Match data with Zapier to connect your user data between various apps that you use. Zapier automatically uploads new contact details from your customer relationship management (CRM) system, eCommerce, or other marketing tool to your Google Ads customer lists. This means you don’t have to manually upload contacts to Google Ads, sort them into the right lists, or remove them from a list.
In this article, we'll show you how to set up your accounts to import conversions from Zapier.
Before you start, read About Zapier and Customer Match.
Before you begin
Customer Match is not available for all advertisers. To use Customer Match, your account must meet the following Customer Match policy requirements:
- A good history of policy compliance.
- A good payment history.
- At least 90 days history in Google Ads.
- More than USD 50,000 total lifetime spend. For advertisers whose accounts are managed in currencies other than USD, your spend amount will be converted to USD using the average monthly conversion rate for that currency.
Before you set up Customer Match with Zapier, You’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- You'll need to have your Google Ads account approved to use a data-uploading service.
- You’ll need to be able to sign in to a Zapier account, using a login with appropriate permissions
- If you want to start using Customer Match and you meet the requirements, you’ll need to contact your assigned account manager to request access to Customer Match.
- Data uploaded to Google Ads must be collected in compliance with Customer Match data policy.
How to set up customer match with Zapier
1. Connect your account with Zapier
- Reach out to your Google representative to be connected to Zapier. If you don't have a contact for your account, give us a call at the support number listed for your region.
- Give permission for your lists to be uploaded to Google Ads. You'll need to give email permission authorizing Google to let Zapier create and edit your audience data in Google Ads. To complete this step, reach out to your Google representative directly.
- Wait until Google sets up data access. After you've sent your email permission to Google, your Google representative will need to sync your accounts with Zapier’s system. It can take a couple days for your accounts to be approved after you've sent in your information. You'll receive an email from your Google representative letting you know when you're all set up.
You can find more information by reading, Use Customer Match partners to upload data.
2. Upload your customer data from Zapier
Once your accounts are approved and set up, you can start sending data to Zapier. To use Zapier to upload customer data, you can read Zapier’s guide, How to get started with Google Ads Customer Match. You can automate your customer data using several different Zap templates.