With Smart campaigns, your ads show on Google Search, Maps, YouTube, Gmail and on Google partner websites.
- Showing ads on Google Search is good for reaching people who are specifically looking for goods or services similar to what you offer.
- Ads on YouTube, Gmail and Google partner websites can include images, and they help you capture someone's attention earlier in the buying cycle.
Benefits of ads on Google partner websites
By showing ads on Google partner websites, you put your ads in front of people before they start searching for what you offer, which can be key for your overall advertising strategy. For example, with ads on Google partner websites, you can show people ads while they’re browsing their favourite websites, showing a friend a video, or using mobile devices and apps.
These types of ads are good for building brand awareness--helping people get familiar with who you are and what you do. The more you can get your business in front of people, the more likely they are to think favourably of you and consider using your business in the future.
Adding images and logos to your ads
You can use images and logos from your social media accounts, your Business Profile or your mobile device or computer. Don’t have photos? You can also use free stock photos related to your business.
- Find the campaign to edit.
- On the 'Ad' card, click See details.
- Click the Images tab.
- Click + New image or + New logo.
- To use images from your social accounts or Business Profile, or to use free stock images, click the Web tab.
- To share images from your Business Profile, link your Smart campaign to your Business Profile.
- We only show images and logos that meet our image requirements.
Editing your images and logos
To help best highlight your logos and images for ads, we sometimes crop automatically.
To manually control what your images and logos look like:
- Follow the instructions above to select images and logos.
- Click an image or logo and make any needed edits.
- Click Save.
To make sure that your ads with images display well, follow these image requirements:
- Minimum size: 600 x 314 pixels
- Recommended size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Max file size: 4.2 MB
Any images or logos in your ads need to follow the Image ad policy requirements.
Opting out of the Display Network
To opt out of running your Smart campaigns on the Display Network, fill in this opt-out form. Requests are typically processed on a weekly basis.