For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select "Subtitles/CC" and choose your language.
With Smart campaigns, your ads show on Google Search, Maps, YouTube, Gmail, and on Google partner websites.
- Showing ads on Google Search is good for reaching people who are specifically looking for goods or services similar to what you offer.
- Ads on YouTube, Gmail, and Google partner websites can include images, and they help you capture someone's attention earlier in the buying cycle.
- In some cases, Google’s automation may generate short video ads based on information in your Smart campaign and linked Business Profile. These video ads could increase your reach to video users on the Google Display Network.
Benefits of ads on Google partner websites
By showing ads on Google partner websites, you put your ads in front of people before they start searching for what you offer, which can be key for your overall advertising strategy. For example, with ads on Google partner websites, you can show people ads while they’re browsing their favorite websites, showing a friend a video, or using mobile devices and apps.
These types of ads are good for building brand awareness by helping people get familiar with who you are and what you do. The more you can get your business in front of people, the more likely they are to think favorably of you and consider using your business in the future.
Adding images and logos to your ads
You can use images and logos from your social media accounts, your Business Profile, or your mobile device or computer.
If no images are provided, Google's automation may use images from your Business Profile or relevant stock images in your ads.
- Find the campaign to edit.
- On the “Ad text, images & landing page” card, click Edit.
- Click the Images tab.
- Add up to 3 rectangular images, 3 square images, and 3 logos. Click + New Image in each section to select your images.
- Upload images or add images from your website or social media accounts.
- Social media: To import images from your social media accounts, scroll down to the “Social Media Accounts” section. Click Get Images.
- Upload images: Click the Upload tab to import your own images. Select your desired image.
- Website: Images from your website will automatically populate in the “Web” tab.
- Crop your image as desired, click Done.
- After selecting your images in each category, click Done. You can add up to 3 images for each category.
Google will automatically add your Smart campaign ads to the Google Display Network using uploaded or stock images, images from your Business Profile account, or text only ads, depending on what is available.
Note: Image uploading and editing aren't available on the Google Ads app.
To make sure your ads with images display well, follow these image requirements:
- Minimum size: 600 x 314 pixels
- Recommended size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Max file size: 4.2 MB
Any images or logos in your ads need to follow the Image ad policy requirements.
Opting out of the Display Network
To opt out of running your Smart campaigns on the Display Network, fill out this opt-out form. Requests are typically processed on a weekly basis.