You can use Zapier offline conversion to automate your offline conversion tracking information from your customer relationship management (CRM) system to Google Ads. Zapier offline conversion import lets you measure which ad clicks result in offline sales or other valuable customer actions by automatically importing your offline conversion data into Google Ads.
This will help you better measure how your online Google Ads investments are generating offline value.
In this article, we'll show you how to set up your accounts to import conversions from Zapier.
Before you start, read About Zapier offline imports for Google Ads.
Before you begin
To use Zapier offline conversion, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Be able to sign in to a Zapier account, using a login with appropriate permissions.
- Have auto-tagging enabled in your Google Ads account(s).
- Be able to edit your website code. You or your web developer will have to edit your code to capture the Google click ID (GCLID).
- Be able to sign in to the Google Ads account that you want to send the conversion to, using appropriate permissions.
- The name of your conversion action(s) as defined in Google Ads's Conversions page. Note: Only conversion actions with source 'Import from Click' are supported.
Zapier account minimum permissions requirements
- The name of the conversion event that you want to import (e.g. Market Qualified, Sales Qualified, Closed Won etc.)
- The CRM object where this conversion events is tracked
- For example, is it the Lead, Contact, Opportunity, etc.
- The field in that object that's updated when the conversion happens (e.g. when the 'Status' field in the 'Lead' object is updated to Marketing Qualified.)
- The field in that object that contains the Google Click ID (GCLID)
- The CRM field that holds the conversion event timestamp (a record of when a given record reaches the conversion event)
- Optional: CRM fields for the value and currency of the conversion
How to set up Zapier conversion import for Google Ads
To set up Zapier conversion import for Google Ads, you can read Zapier’s guide How to set up Google Ads Send Offline Conversion actions.
How to review your conversions
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon in the top right-hand corner of your Google Ads account.
- Under 'Measurement', click Conversions.
- Click Zapier in the left menu.
- Click Conversion Action in the menu at the top. To see your conversion, use the All conv. (by conv. time) column.
- If you're only using Zapier to upload conversions to that conversion action, you'll be able to compare the number of successful uploads from the 'Zapier Task History' with what you see in the attribution report. Since your upload contains the 'conversion time', you should be able to compare two reports and see the same number of conversions for a specified time range.
- If you're also uploading conversions to that Conversation Action through another source (e.g. a CSV upload), then the total number of conversions in the Campaigns Report should equal the sum of Zapier uploads and CSV uploads.