One of the Google Partner requirements is certifications.
Your Google Partners registered Ads manager account needs to have a minimum of 50% of your account strategists certified in Google Ads (capped at 100 users), with at least one certification in each product area with campaign spend (e.g. Search, Display, Video, Shopping or Apps).
Account strategists are employees of your company who manage Google Ads campaigns on behalf of your clients.
The number of account strategists that you need to have certified is our best estimate based on a number of factors, such as users’ access levels, association with Google Partners registered Ads manager accounts and linked sub-accounts, and email domains. You can inform us of how many users in your company are account strategists by going to the Company details page from your Partners programme tab and selecting from the drop-down menu.
1. Make sure that you’re an eligible user.Users need admin or standard level access on your company’s Google Partners registered Ads Manager account or any account linked to your company’s Google Partners registered Ads manager account. Users with read-only and email-only access won't contribute to your badge.
2. Tell us if you think you should see a different number of account strategists.
You can now inform us of how many users in your company are account strategists by going to the Company details page from your Partners programme tab and selecting from the drop-down menu.
3. Associate your Skillshop account with your Google Ads account.
For your Skillshop certifications to count towards the Certification requirement, you'll need to link your Google Ads account user email address with your Skillshop account by going to your Skillshop user profile. Learn more about how to link and unlink your Google Ads and Skillshop accounts
4. Check the certified users in your Google Partners registered Ads manager account.
The Google Partners Users certifications table shows you the users that count towards your Google Partners Certifications requirement. You'll see admin and standard users in your company’s Google Partners registered Ads manager account or any account linked to your company’s manager account, as well as the state of their certifications.
You can check your Google Ads certified users by following these directions:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the left side menu, scroll down to the Partners programme tab.
- Click on the View details link in the Badge status card to see the Badge status table.
- In the Badge status table, find the Certification status row and click on View users to see your 'User certifications table'.