About the Documents page
The Documents page makes managing your Google Ads invoices easy. You can search for specific invoices, download invoices in bulk or individually, create custom filters for viewing your invoices and more.
Using the Documents page, you can:
- See all of your invoices, debit memos and credit memos
- Filter your invoices by status, due date, outstanding amount and more
- Create custom filters and save them for future use
- Sort your invoices in ascending or descending order
- Download invoices in bulk
- Search for specific invoices
This article goes through how to find and use the Documents page.
Choose the task that you’d like to perform and click it to reveal the instructions.
Go to the Documents page
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Under “Setup” ,click Billing & payments.
- From the page menu on the left, click Documents.
Filter your invoices
- Above the table, click + Add a filter.
- Select the filter type that you’d like to apply.
- Enter any additional information needed to complete the filter.
- Example: After you add the “Document number” filter, enter the invoice number (or list of invoice numbers, separated by a comma) that you’re searching for.
- Example: After you add the “Issue date” filter, select the date range of the documents that you need to see.
- Click Apply, then add more filters as needed.
To remove a filter, click the X on the filter that you’d like to remove.
Look at the details of an invoice
From the Documents page, click on the invoice that you’d like to see details for. A pop-up will appear, showing you details like the invoice number, invoice amount, status, purchase order number, account details and more. To close the pop-up, click the X in the top left. To download, create a customer-friendly link, or request a revision to your invoice, click Actions in the top right of the invoice pop-up.
Sort the invoices that you see
To sort your invoices ascending or descending order, just click on the column header that you’d like to sort by. Click the column header again to toggle between ascending and descending order.
Download individual or multiple invoices
- Select the box to the left of the invoices that you’d like to download.
- To select all of the invoices that appear in your table, select the box at the very top left of the table.
- Click Download selected.
- Choose the format that you’d like to use to download your invoices.
- Click Download.
Find a specific invoice
- Click Find in documents at the top right of the table.
- Enter text that might help you find the invoice that you’re looking for. As long as the text appears on your invoice, it’s searchable. To refine your search even further:
- Use “AND” (in uppercase letters) to find documents with two specific words. For example, searching for “video AND game” will search for invoices that contain both “video” and “game”.
- Use “OR” (in uppercase letters) to find documents with one of two words. For example, searching for “Nov OR Dec” will search for invoices that contain either “Nov” or “Dec”.
Show or hide columns
- At the top of the column on the far right of your invoices table, click Edit.
- Select the columns that you want to show or hide.
- To rearrange the order of the columns in the table, drag the column names in the "Edit" box.
- Click Save.
Save custom filters
You can add columns, sort and filter your invoices to show only the documents you want to see (for example, all invoices in descending order of open amount, for a particular product), and then save this customisation for future use. You can access your saved custom filters in the drop-down menu at the top of the table by clicking Open invoices and debit memos.
See other groups of documents
- Click on the arrow next to “All invoices and memos”.
- Choose an option from the drop-down menu that appears:
- "All invoices and memos" shows all open invoices or debits that need to be paid.
- "Open credit memos" shows any open credits that you can apply to open invoices.
- "All invoices and memos" shows all of your invoices, including those that are closed or paid.
- "All credit memos" shows all of your credits, including those that have already been applied to invoices.