Subdivide or edit a hotel group
Note: This article applies only to hotel groups in Google Ads. If you haven't migrated your Hotel campaigns to Google Ads, read about hotel assignment in the Hotel Ads Center.
Before you beginAfter you’ve linked your Hotel Ads Center and Google Ads account, you’ll need to create a campaign and ad group. Once you’ve done so, click Hotel groups in the page menu. You’ll see a group called “All hotels” that contains all the hotels in your linked Hotel Center account. If you're not familiar with how Hotel groups work, read About Hotel groups.
Subdivide a hotel group
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Hotel groups in the page menu, and click the ad group you'd like to edit.
- Select the hotel group. Press the button to subdivide your hotel groups.
- Select how you'd like to subdivide a hotel group. You can subdivide by country, region, state, city, hotel ID, or the "Everything else" group. Learn more
- Click Continue to edit bids if you'd like to enter a bid for the hotel group. Or choose to "Save without editing bids," in which case the bid from the parent hotel group subdivision will apply.
- Choose a bid (optional): If you set your campaign's bid strategy as Manual CPC (fixed) or CPC%, you can set the CPC bid at the hotel group level.
Edit a hotel group
You may want to remove hotel group subdivisions, edit their bids, or add new subdivisions.
To do so:
- Click Hotel groups in the page menu.
- Click the pencil icon next to the hotel group.
- You can choose to further subdivide your hotel group, or remove existing subdivisions.
Important: If the pencil icon doesn't appear, you can't edit this subdivision because it can't be further subdivided. You'll need to edit the subdivision above it. For example, if you have subdivision for "India hotels," then further subdivide by 4-star and 5-star hotels, and decide you no longer want the subdivision by hotel class, you'd have to edit the "India hotels" subdivision to clear the 4-star and 5-star subdivisions.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?