App campaigns for engagement help you to re-engage customers who have installed your app, and encourage them to take specific in-app actions. Your ads can appear across Google Search, Google Play, YouTube, and within other apps on the Display Network. This article covers how to create an App campaign for engagement.
Before you begin
To create an App campaign for engagement, your app needs to have a minimum of 250,000 installs. You’ll also need to provide text, image assets, and videos (optional). Learn more about Asset requirements for App campaigns for engagement.
Your campaigns must:
Have a Universal Link (iOS), an App Link (Android), or custom scheme (both). Learn more about Deep links.
Use an audience list of app users. Learn how to Add, edit, or remove audiences for App campaigns for engagement.
Have conversions from Firebase or an AAP set up properly. Learn how to do this for each AAP.
Have a minimum of 250,000 installs.
Click on this interactive tool to learn how to create your ACe campaign.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- In the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , and then select New campaign.
- For your campaign goal, select App promotion.
- For your "Campaign subtype," pick App engagement.
- Select your app's platform.
- In the search field, enter your app name, package name, or publisher, and then select your app from the list that appears.
- Click Continue.
- In the "Campaign name" field, add a name for your campaign.
- To help find the campaign easily in the future, give the campaign a name that indicates that this is an App campaign. It is also recommended that you include the operating system (Android or iOS) in the campaign name.
- Under “Locations”, select locations to target, and select “Location options” to specify how you want to target and exclude users.
- If needed, under “Languages”, update language settings. Keep in mind, Google Ads doesn't translate your ads, so you should only target languages that match your ads.
- Under “Budget”, set your average daily budget.
- Choose which in-app actions you want to optimize your campaign for, and then enter a target Cost-Per-Action (target CPA).
- Note: We recommend aligning your Target CPA with the value of the in-app actions that you’re optimizing for. Learn more About bidding for App campaigns for engagement
- (Optional) Change the start and end dates for your campaign.
- Click Save and continue.
- Enter your ad group name.
- Under “Ad Assets,” add at least 2 headline ideas and one description idea (it’s recommended to add up to 5 of each). You can also view reports on asset performance to help optimize asset usage.
- You can add text, image, and video assets to your App campaign.
- Under “Ad targeting”, select audience segments to define who should see your ads.
- Choose the audiences that you’d like to target.
- Note: If you haven’t already created an audience list, learn how to Create an audience list for App campaigns for engagement.
- Click Save and continue.
- Use square and vertical video to engage mobile customers.
- If you've created your Google Ads campaign using your Google Play developer account, you should be able to see all of your app campaign's statistics in your developer console. Learn more about links to your Play Developer Console