Improve performance on Google Ads using optimization score as a guide
Stay on top of your campaign management with optimization score. This score is an estimate of whether or not your Google Ads account is taking advantage of its current opportunities. Optimization score runs from 0% to 100%, with 100% meaning that your account is set up to perform at its full potential.
1. Manage your account more efficiently
- Prioritize which actions have the highest potential with optimization score.
Why: Optimization score uses historical performance, auction simulations, and machine learning to recommend the most impactful optimizations for your account.
- Review optimization score at the level most relevant to you.
Why: Optimization score is available at the campaign, account, and manager account levels.
Optimization score currently scores how well your Search campaigns are set up. Watch for updates to include display, video, Shopping, and app campaigns.
2. Apply recommendations that support your business goals
- Check Recommendations regularly, at least every week.
Why: Google Ads regularly discovers recommendations for your account, and adds new recommendations based on real-time data.
- Focus on recommendations based on score uplift.
Why: The bigger the score uplift, the better the projected impact from the recommended action.
- Dismiss recommendations not aligned with your goals.
Why: You know your business best, so go ahead and dismiss any recommendations that don’t align with your goals.
When you dismiss all of a recommendation type, tell us why. That will help us improve the recommendations we offer your account.
- Un-dismiss recommendations you might want after all.
Why: We know that goals can also change, as can marketers who manage an account.
- Bulk apply your recommendations in as little as one click.
Why: For low-hanging fruit, take advantage of the apply all action to save time.
3. Analyze recommendations on your own terms
- Filter recommendations by sections.
Why: Recommendations are broken into 4 sections (ads & extensions, bids & budgets, keywords & targeting, and repairs) to focus your workflow.
You can also filter individual sections to help you focus on your current workflow or task at hand.
- Download recommendations for offline analysis or to apply via Editor.
Why: Recommendations can be applied directly from the cards or can be downloaded and applied using Editor.