Apply your tagless remarketing list to a campaign
While only Showcase Shopping ads can generate users on tagless remarketing lists, you can apply these lists to other campaigns. Learn more about tagless remarketing lists.
- Create a new 'Shopping' campaign, or select an existing Shopping campaign and ad group.
- From the page menu along the left, click Audiences.
- Click the pencil icon .
- Under 'Add to', select 'Campaign' or 'Ad group', depending on which level you want to apply the audiences.
- Next to 'Add to', select either 'Select a campaign' or 'Select an ad group', depending on which 'Add to' option you've previously selected.
- For the option to add to a campaign:
- Select the campaign which you’d like to target your list.
- Choose the targeting method of either 'Targeting' or 'Observation'. To learn more about these targeting options, read About Targeting and Observations for Display Network campaigns.
- (Optional) Add additional remarketing lists or in-market audiences to your campaign.
- For the option to add to an ad group:
- Select an ad group which you’d like to target your list.
- Choose the targeting method of either 'Targeting' or 'Observation'.
- (Optional) Add additional remarketing lists or in-market audiences to your ad group.
- Select 'How they've interacted with your business'
- Tagless remarketing lists will be under the 'Website visitors' section. Alternatively, filter for the term 'Showcase'.
- Select a remarketing list by ticking the box next to it.
- Click Save.
When to use tagless remarketing lists
If you’re having trouble deciding which campaigns to target, think of it in the following way. Advertisers usually think of a user journey as a 'funnel'. The top of the funnel is your 'awareness' stage. Once a user is aware of your business/product, you can re-engage with them to influence them to consider buying your product through middle funnel formats such as Video or Text campaigns.
Tip: If you aren’t seeing the lists in your account, see our troubleshooter.