While only Showcase Shopping ads can generate users on tagless remarketing lists, you can apply these lists to other campaigns. Learn more about tagless remarketing lists.
- Create a new "Shopping" campaign, or select an existing Shopping campaign and ad group.
- From the page menu along the left, click Audiences.
- Click the pencil icon .
- Under "Add to" select "Campaign" or "Ad group" depending on which level you want to apply the audiences.
- Next to “Add to” select either “Select a campaign” or “Select an ad group,” depending on which “Add to” option you have previously selected.
- For the option to add to a campaign:
- Select the campaign which you’d like to target your list.
- Choose the targeting method of either “Targeting” or “Observation.” To learn more about these targeting options read About Targeting and Observations for Display Network campaigns.
- (Optional) Add additional remarketing lists or in-market audiences to your campaign.
- For the option to add to an ad group:
- Select an ad group which you’d like to target your list.
- Choose the targeting method of either “Targeting” or “Observation.”
- (Optional) Add additional remarketing lists or in-market audiences to your ad group.
- Select “How they have interacted with your business”
- Tagless remarketing lists will be under the “Website visitors” section. Alternatively, filter for the term “Showcase.”
- Select a remarketing list by checking the box next to it.
- Click Save.
When to use tagless remarketing lists
If you’re having trouble deciding which campaigns to target, think of it in the following way. Advertisers usually think of a user journey as a “funnel”. The top of the funnel is your “awareness” stage. Once a user is aware of your business/product, you can re-engage with them to influence them to consider buying your product through middle funnel formats such as Video or Text campaigns.
Tip: If you aren’t seeing the lists in your account, see our troubleshooter.