About item disapprovals for product data violations
To create successful ads for your products and provide a good experience for people who are shopping, follow the product data specification when submitting your product data to Google. If your data doesn't meet the data quality requirements, your items and your entire Merchant Center account are subject to disapproval. Since disapproved items can’t be advertised in Shopping ads, it’s important that you identify the reason for disapproval and then take the necessary steps to fix the issue and get approval for these items.
Individual items submitted via data feeds and the Content API for Shopping are regularly reviewed. If the data you provide doesn’t match the product information on your website, these items may be disapproved. Disapproved items will stop showing in Shopping ads. You’ll need to review the disapproved items and make sure that you submit accurate product data if you want to show these items on Shopping ads again.
If you have valid schema.org microdata on your website, you can choose to enable automatic item updates, a feature that may reduce the risk of preemptive item disapproval for price and availability mismatches and may prevent temporary item disapprovals.
What to do
- Make corrections to your product data and re-submit it. Ensure you’ve implemented a long-term solution to prevent future violations.
- After you’ve updated any disapproved items with accurate information and then uploaded them again, they will be re-reviewed. It could take up to 12 hours to verify that the data violation has been fixed.
Note: Disapproved items will be regularly evaluated, and will be re-approved if the issue is resolved. Automatically re-approved items are still subject to future disapprovals.
Depending on the type of product you submit, you may be required to provide unique product identifiers (such as an MPN, GTIN, or brand). For some products, you will need to use the
gtin attribute. If you submit a product without the
gtin attribute when the
gtin attribute would normally be required, or with an incorrect GTIN value, your product will be disapproved.
If your product doesn’t have an assigned GTIN, or you believe that the GTIN value you’ve provided is correct, you can request a review through your Merchant Center account.
To request a manual review:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- From the navigation panel, click Products.
- From the page menu, click List.
- Click on the title of the item to view the individual item page.
- Navigate to the “Item status” section. Under "Actions" next to “Policy violations: Product data GTIN requirements,” click Request review.
- Review the '
gtin' attribute requirements related to your item disapproval, then check the box that acknowledges that you’ve reviewed the information.
- Select Request manual review.
It may take up to 7 business days to complete the manual review. Items that are approved as a result of the review will be eligible to serve in Shopping ads within 24 hours.