In 2019, we are modifying our services to require that all Google Ads customers with a Payments profile address in Indonesia use the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) currency.
- If you’re on monthly invoicing, this change will be effective starting early May 2019.
- If you’re on manual or automatic payments, this change will be effective starting early July 2019.
On the dates specified above, all Google Ads accounts that have a Payments profile address in Indonesia but use a non-IDR currency will be deactivated.
This means that from that date, if your Google Ads account has a Payments profile address in Indonesia, and the account wasn’t set up with IDR as its currency, you’ll no longer be able to advertise using your existing Google Ads account.
It is not possible to change currency settings on an existing Google Ads account. In order to continue advertising with a Payments profile address in Indonesia, take the following steps by 31 March 2019.
- Create a new Google Ads account, making sure you select IDR as the account’s currency.
- Set up your payment method.
- Transfer your previous non-IDR account’s campaigns and settings to the new account. You can use AdWords Editor to easily transfer your Google Ads campaigns and settings from one account to another.
- After your new Google Ads account is active, cancel your previous non-IDR Google Ads account.
If you have any questions about this change, please contact your account manager or Google Ads support.