Create a local catalogue ad for Display
Local catalogue ads help you drive foot traffic to your local shops by surfacing shop-specific product, prices and shop information.
Before you begin
To use local catalogue ads, you must submit local feeds (the local products feed and the local products inventory feed) to your Merchant Center account. Participation in local catalogue ads also requires a Google representative.
To use local catalogue ads, follow these five steps:
- Have the local products feed and the local products inventory feed ready.
- Link a location extension to the account.
- Create a media plan: Your media plan should consist of marketing objectives (such as announcing shop sales, introducing new products, promoting new shops), define the target audience and campaign budget/duration, and include a defined target area (national, regional or selected shops).
- Prepare assets: To create local catalogue ads, make sure that the following assets are in place:
- Image: The aspect ratio should be 1.9 x 1, under 1MB, and have a minimum size of 600 x 314. The recommended size is 1200 x 628.
- Headline (optional): Use a clear message (under 25 characters) to give users a compelling reason to visit the shop.
- List of products to be featured in the ad:
- 30 products are recommended. The minimum requirement is 5 and the maximum is 100.
- Each product uses the
itemidfield in the local products inventory feed.
Note: Ensure that the items which you select are present in your local feeds.
- Create your campaign
- In your Google Ads account, create a Display campaign with “Product and brand consideration” as the goal.
- Create an ad group using display targeting options (such as demographics targeting or audience options like affinity, in-market or remarketing).
- Set a cost per engagement (CPE) bid based on your targeting options.
- Create an ad and reach out to your Google sales representative to link the product list to the campaign.