Create a local catalog ad for Display
Local catalog ads help you drive foot traffic to your local stores by surfacing store-specific product, prices, and store information.
Before you begin
To use local catalog ads, you must submit local feeds (the local products feed and the local products inventory feed) to your Merchant Center account. Participation in local catalog ads also requires a Google representative.
To use local catalog ads, follow these 5 steps:
- Have the local products feed and the local products inventory feed ready.
- Link a location extension to the account.
- Create a media plan: Your media plan should consist of marketing objectives (such as announcing store sales, introducing new products, promoting new stores), defining the target audience, campaign budget/duration, and a defined target area (national, region or selected stores)."
- Prepare assets: To create local catalog ads, make sure that the following assets are in place:
- Image: The aspect ratio should be 1.9 x 1, under 1MB, and have a minimum size of 600 x 314. The recommended size is 1200 x 628.
- Headline (optional): Use a clear message (under 25 characters) to give users a compelling reason to visit the store.
- List of products to be featured in the ad:
- 30 products are recommended. The minimum requirement is 5 and the maximum is 100.
- Each product uses the
itemidfield in the local product inventory feed.
Note: Ensure that the items you select are present in your local feeds.
- Create your campaign
- In your Google Ads account, create a Display campaign with “Product and brand consideration” as the goal.
- Create an ad group using Display targeting options (such as demographics targeting or audience options such as affinity, in-market, or remarketing).
- Set a cost-per-engagement (CPE) bid based on your targeting options.
- Create an ad and reach out to your Google sales representative to link the product list to the campaign.