About local catalog ads
Local catalog ads (LCA) are a highly visual and easy-to-browse ad format that use feed data from local inventory ads and reach viewers of Display ads. LCA can help you drive foot traffic to your local stores by highlighting store-specific products, prices, and store information.
- Feature your product inventory dynamically across the web and apps: You can help ready-to-buy shoppers discover your products using an easy-to-scroll, mobile layout.
- Complement your print marketing goals: You can use the same creatives (image and text) and product selection that you use for print ads (like catalogs, flyers, and circulars), and control the order in which products appear.
- Measure and optimize your ads: Monitor and improve the performance of your ads with precise and real-time store visit data.
Local catalog ads use the cost-per-engagement bidding model where you only pay for the first user engagement.
Engagement is defined when a user does the following:
- Scrolls more than ½ of the ad width or height
- Taps on the product to open a detail product page
- Clicks through to the advertiser's site
Store visit measurement
Store visits are the main success metrics for local catalog ads, which support both click-based and impression-based measurements.
Local catalog ads are available in all the countries where local inventory ads are present, such as Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, UK, and US.