To add topic targeting to an existing ad group, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- In the page menu on the left, click Topics.
- Click the pencil icon .
- Click Select an ad group, then choose an ad group from the list that appears.
- Select the topics and subtopics you’d like to target.
- Click Save.
- When you target a top-level topic, you also target all the related subtopics. However, we recommend adding the subtopics to your list for bidding and reporting control.
- Adding all the subtopics isn't the same as adding the top-level topic. There are pages that won't be targeted if you add only the subtopics to your ad group. You can avoid this by adding the top-level topic.