About business products and services
- The business products and services that you choose help determine which search phrases your ad will appear next to.
- If your business offers several different product or services, and you’d like to advertise each of them, you can set up a different ad for each one.
How products and services work
When you sign up for Google Ads or create a new Smart campaign, you'll tell us what product or service you'd like to advertise, such as "Dentist", "Hair Salon" or "Car Dealer".
The product or service that you select helps determine the search phrases that your ad will appear next to, so make sure that you choose a business category that is accurate and specific. Whenever someone in your targeted radius searches for your search phrases on Google or Google Maps, your ad can appear and help to attract a new customer to your business.
Edit your products and services
You can edit your product or service at any time. Remember, the product or service you choose determines the search phrases that your ad will appear next to. If you edit your product or service, we'll also change the search phrases used to determine when your ads will appear.
Click the link below for instructions on how to change your business product or service.
How to change your current product or service
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the left navigation pane, click the name of your Smart campaign to view its dashboard.
- Scroll the page down. Under "Your ad settings", click Edit in the "Product or service" card.
- Edit your business category or the products or services that you want to promote in your campaign.
- Click Save