About status review
Advertising with Google Ads involves many moving parts and requires time to set up. In the new Google Ads experience, "Status" review is found on the "Overview" page and will surface important alerts to help you understand and resolve issues with your Display and remarketing campaigns. You’ll find three types of alerts:
- Critical health and/or performance issues that require a resolution for your ads to continue serving
- Issues that require attention to reach the full potential of your ads and maintain a healthy campaign
- A health status informing you that components of your Display campaigns are working as expected
Available as soon as you begin using the new Google Ads experience, Status review will help you find and fix issues that are blocking or limiting your Display campaigns. For example, you may see an alert that one of your ads wasn’t approved, and with one click you can find the ad, campaigns, and ad groups the disapproval is affecting.
How it works
- Select a display entity from the navigation panel on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click Overview from the page menu on the left, to the right of the navigation panel.
- The "Status review" card is on the right-hand side of your screen, next to the performance chart. This card displays up to two alerts regarding issues with your selected display entity along with a count of how many additional alerts there are to view.
- Click on View to see the full list of alerts, or on any single alerts to expand that alert.
Status review alerts are brief, and provide information as well as relevant links to reach the pages and articles that you need to help you fix your Display campaigns. Status review also provides alerts that let you know when certain features have finished building or cleared review and become eligible for display.
Common alerts when setting up an account
Ads Awaiting Review
|Alert message||3 ads in your ad group are currently being reviewed|
None required. Wait until your ads are approved (usually within 1 working day).
If you created or edited your ad more than 1 working day ago and it's still labelled "Under review” or "Eligible", you can submit a request to review it. Learn more