View your managed accounts
Your manager account makes it easy to navigate to accounts linked to your manager account.
This article shows you how to navigate between different accounts in your manager accounts. For more general background about manager account structure, read About linking Google Ads accounts to your manager account. You can also learn how to view hierarchy for your manager account, or hide and unhide certain accounts from view in your manager account.
Check which account you’re viewing
There are two quick ways to check.
- If you have the navigation panel open on the left, look at the top of the navigation panel, right under the Google Ads logo. You’ll see the name of the account you’re currently viewing, as well as its customer ID.
- If you don’t have the navigational panel open, look along the top of your page.
- If you’re currently viewing your own manager account, you’ll see just the name of your own manager account.
- Otherwise, along the top, you’ll see a chain of account names which show the relationship between your own manager account and the account you’re currently viewing. The leftmost name will always be your own manager account. The rightmost account will be the account you’re currently viewing.
Navigate to another account in your hierarchy
In your manager account, there are multiple ways to navigate to another account in your hierarchy.
In the Accounts and Campaigns pages
The tables in the Accounts and Campaigns pages show your managed accounts. You can always navigate to an account by clicking the account name in the Accounts column. You can then navigate back to your own manager account by clicking your own account name at the top of the page.
Note that by default, the tables in the Accounts and Campaigns page will be in list view, meaning it’ll only show accounts that are directly linked to your manager account. But in your Management page (accessible from your Accounts page), you can switch to a hierarchy view that shows not only your directly linked accounts, but also indirectly linked accounts that are managed by your sub-managers. Learn more about using the hierarchy view.
In the navigation panel
There are many ways to navigate to another account from the navigation panel.
- Search for accounts: Use the search field at the top of the panel to find and navigate to an account.
- Recently accessed accounts: Right below the search field, you can view a list of your most recently accessed accounts. Click the arrow next to “Recent” to view or hide the full list.
- Navigate to a directly linked account: If you’re viewing your own manager account, the navigation panel will show the names of all directly linked accounts in your hierarchy. You can browse through the account names in the panel and click the one you want to navigate to.
- Navigate to an indirectly linked account:
- In the navigation panel, you’ll see an arrow next to sub-managers. Click the arrow to view all accounts linked to that sub-manager, and you’ll be able to navigate to any of the sub-manager’s accounts.
- Once you’ve navigated to a sub-manager account, the navigation panel will automatically show the names of all accounts linked to that sub-manager account, and you’ll be able to navigate to them.
- Navigate back to your manager account or another account: If you’ve navigated to another account and want to go back to your manager account (or any other account in your hierarchy), at the very top of the navigation panel, click the arrow next to the account name you’re currently viewing. The navigation panel will switch to show the names of “All accounts” (your own manager account and your directly linked accounts below that). You can navigate back by clicking an account name.