Linking a Google Analytics property to your Google Ads account can help you analyse customer activity on your website or app. This information can shed light on how much of your website traffic or business comes from Google Ads, and help you improve your ads and website.
Linking accounts allows you to:
- Import Google Analytics conversions
- See Google Analytics data in your Google Ads reports (and Google Ads data in your Analytics reports)
- Import Analytics remarketing audiences
- Measure web or app conversions from Google Analytics 4 properties
If you have a Google Ads manager account, learn how to link Google Analytics to your manager account.
How it works
- When you link a Google Ads account to an Analytics property, anyone with access to the views that you selected during linking will be able to see your imported Google Ads data.
- Likewise, if you choose to import Analytics data (such as conversions, metrics or remarketing lists) into your Google Ads account, anyone with access to that Google Ads account will be able to see your imported Analytics data. You’ll be able to see this data in the 'Conversions' column of your Google Ads reports.
- After Analytics data (for example, goals) has been imported to Google Ads, it is subject to the Google Ads terms of service.
Moving Google Analytics properties
Google Analytics account administrators can move their Analytics property from one Analytics account to another. Any linked Google Ads accounts will continue to be linked to the property. After the move, users of the new Analytics account will be able to see data from the linked Google Ads accounts.
About the 'Linked accounts' page for Google Analytics
After you link your Google Ads account to an Analytics property, you can see the following details in the 'Linked accounts' page for Google Analytics in your Google Ads account. Bear in mind that you can only see views, goals and audiences for Universal Analytics properties only.
- Views: Shows how many views have been linked for this property. When you place your cursor over the data, you’ll see which views have been linked, and which view’s site metrics have been imported. If the property has any views linked to manager accounts, you’ll also see a breakdown of how many views are linked to manager accounts and how many to your account. Learn about linking Google Analytics and a Google Ads manager account.
- Goals: Shows how many goals have been imported into your conversion reports for this property. When you place your cursor over the data, you’ll see how many additional goals you can import as well as a link to manage your conversion actions.
- Audiences: Shows how many remarketing lists have been created for this property. When you place your cursor over the data, you’ll see which lists have been created, as well as a link to create audience lists.
- Accounts: If your account is managed by one or more manager accounts, this column shows which manager accounts are linked to a given property.
- If the property is linked only to your account and not linked to a manager account, you’ll see 'This account' in the column.
- If the account is managed by multiple manager accounts (for example, by a sub-manager and a manager account), you can place your cursor over the data to see which manager accounts are linked to the property.
Read the Google Best Practices guide about improving Google Ads performance with Google Analytics.